Wednesday, January 4, 2012

White Cheddar Chicken Pasta

It wasn't perfect, but I would say it was a success!  The recipe said to make the chicken, noodles, and then the sauce for it all seperate.  The chicken was complete and moved to a plate and covered with foil...just like they said. The noodles were easy, but complete before the sauce.  I put some butter on them and covered so they wouldn't stick (might have been a mistake). It said to make the sauce mixture in a large skillet.  After adding the ingrediants it was supposed to thicken.....it never really did.  In the end, we just threw in the chicken and noodles and mixed it up.  When we ate it the noodles and chicken were covered in sauce, but when I came back to the left overs the sauce had all ran to the bottom of the pan.  Maybe it was the butter I put on the noodles, or maybe the mixture was not thick enough.  Either way....it still tasted good.   AND I got the ok from Kyle to make it again! 

I know I said one new recipe a month, but we are starting out BIG!  I am making a shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta dish this week too!  Hopefully it turns out just as good!

Tara

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how the scampi turns out....we love scampi here and it would be great to be able to make it at home instead of going out to eat it.

    ReplyDelete