Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day!

So here it is....the scoop on Valentine's Day in this house.  We do not go out for a fancy dinner, we don't buy elaborate gifts, and Kyle may or may not buy me flowers (and either way is fine with me).  It isn't that we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but we are not crazy over the top with it.  Don't get me wrong....my husband is amazing and spoils me!  He knows I like to get flowers, but he also knows that I love to get fowers for no reason.  I would rather him not get me flowers every Valentine's Day because then there are no surprises. 

Let's be honest....Valentine's Day for the guys is kind of lame.  I can't buy him flowers or jewlery.  But I do make him Red Velvet cake (or cupcakes)!  At least he has that to look forward too!  I do want Riley to know the importance of people you love and those who love you.  This year we mailed out some Valentine's that Riley "signed".  Here are some pictures of him "signing" his Valentine's.


I also wanted to try and be creative and make him a Valentine's Day t-shirt.  I know he is a boy, but I still thought he could wear a cute Valentine's shirt.  At least until he tells me he won't....or Kyle tells me he can't!  :)  Since I don't know how to sew and I didn't want to spend alot of money we decided to use a white shirt he already had.  In the craft section in Wal-Mart they have t-shirts for only $3.47!  And now I still have lots of extra to use for a future holiday!  I cut a small red heart out of the shirt and used double sided tape to keep the heart on for the day.  I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner and I can't wait for future holidays to think of a cute shirt to make for him!


Oh and when I say we don't go out for a fancy dinner, I mean it!!  But for us it is fitting since Wendy's was where Kyle and I had our first date!  :)

  

Anyways....until next year....Happy Valentine's Day!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment